- 61 percent of U.S. parents admitted to logging into their teenager’s Facebook account without letting the kids know;
- 20 percent of the parents said they’ve encountered explicit messages in their kids’ accounts;
- 72 percent say they’ve befriended their teen on Facebook to monitor behavior;
- 20 percent suspect their children are accessing pornography or illegal music downloads;
- 20 percent suspect their teens of “sexting,” sending nude images of themselves to others;
- 20 percent of American parents also suspect their teens of “sexting” via their mobile phones; and
- 80 percent of parents believe their teens befriend people online who they’ve never met in person.