Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
Friday, January 27, 2012
Thursday, January 26, 2012
What does it mean to have a ‘social business’? The term is thrown around more than a hot potato these days and nobody can seem to pinpoint its definition. Does it mean a traditional business who engages in social media? Does it mean a business that earns revenue using social media? Does it mean a company that builds social media tools/networks? The people over at Global Dawn wanted to sort it out, and came up with this sweet infographic to solve the case.
Monday, January 23, 2012
- 800+ million – Number of users on Facebook by the end of 2011
- 200 million – Number of users added to Facebook during 2011
- 350 million – Number of Facebook users that log in to the service using their mobile phone
- 100 billion – Estimated number of photos on Facebook by mid-2011
- 225 million – Number of Twitter accounts
- 100 million – Number of active Twitter users in 2011
- 18.1 million – People following Lady Gaga. Twitter’s most popular user
- 250 million – Number of tweets per day (October 2011)
- 1 – #egypt was the number one hashtag on Twitter
- 8,868 – Number of tweets per second in August for the MTV Video Music Awards
- $50,000 – The amount raised for charity by the most retweeted tweet of 2011
- 39 million – The number of Tumblr blogs by the end of 2011
- 70 million – Total number of WordPress blogs by the end of 2011
- 1 billion – The number of messages sent with WhatsApp during one day (October 2011)
- 2.6 billion – Worldwide IM accounts
- 2.4 billion – Social networking accounts worldwide
- 3.146 billion – Number of email accounts worldwide – Microsoft Outlook is the number one email client (27.6 percent share), and the average corporate user sends and receives 112 emails every day
- 555 million – Number of websites (December 2011) – 300 million new websites were added in 2011
- 95.5 million – Number of .com domain names at the end of 2011 (no wonder you can’t find a good one)
- 2.1 billion – Internet users worldwide – 44 percent of these are in Asia
- 1 trillion – The number of video playbacks on YouTube
- 40 – Years since the first email was sent, in 1971
interesting stats below and the infographic below that.
- 1000 people post to Tumblr every 60 seconds
- 2000 people check in to Foursquare every 60 seconds
- Social media accounts for 24% of all time spent online
- 250 million photos are uploaded to FB every day
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Many small businesses have come on board the Twitter train. It’s a low-cost, effective marketing solution for one-person operations, small start-ups and other shops that can’t afford a prime-time Super Bowl ad.
The folks at Future Simple took a look at the most retweeted tweets from the small business community over the last year, and put them in an easy-to-read infographic.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Key findings reporting on the infographic are as follows:
- Mobile viewers have more patience – nearly 40% of mobile viewers watched three-quarters of a long-form video while only half as many were engaged that long on their desktops
- iPhone is the most popular mobile device for watching videos (71.8%) followed by Android Mobile (21.2%)
- For each minute of video watched on a desktop, 1 minute and 17 seconds are watched on a tablet
- Facebook beats Twitter in video sharing – For ever 1 video shared via Twitter, 19 videos are shared on Facebook in Taiwan, 17 in Italy, 13 in Australia, and 9 in the United States
- Want To Work At Twitter? Watch Their Hilarious New...
- The Social Media Sharing Habits Of Men And Women
- How Has Social Media Affected Customer Service?
- How Are Brands Responding To Negative Social Media...
- Social Media Explained – Possibly by a Dog
- How To Get More Clicks On Twitter
- Learn how to use social media to power your busine...
- Market Research Gets Social
- Is Social Business Defined by Shared Value?
- The Social Media Cheat Sheet
- Who is using Google+?
- The Numbers Just Keep On Getting Bigger: Social Me...
- 51% of Facebook are more likely to buy from brands...
- Social Login & Site Engagement
- What is SOPA?
- Key Milestones In Social Media Law
- What does 60 seconds of social media look like?
- Hootsuite celebrates 3 years and 3 million users
- Do you fit the profile of a social gamer?
- The Top 15 Brands On Twitter In 2011
- What If Facebook Did IPO?
- Marketers, Put a Social Share Button in Your Email...
- Timeline: How Social Media Changed In 2011
- How To Get Fido To Tweet
- Meet Your Virtual Friends: Google, LinkedIn, Twitt...
- Major Social Media Events from 2011
- The Social Media Statistics of Today: Facebook
- Infographic Reveals The Biggest Social Media Hits ...
- The Top Tweets In Small Business In 2011
- The Reddit Guide to Fitness
- If Twitter, Facebook And Google Were The News, Wha...
- Top 10 TV Shows, Events & Networks Of 2011, Accord...
- Facebook Beats Twitter In Video Sharing By A Lands...
- ▼ January (33)