That’s according to optimization firm Recommend.ly, which studied 1.7 million Facebook pages to arrive at that figure. Additional highlights include:
- 31 percent of pages have fewer than 32 fans;
- 25 percent of pages have between with 32 and 256 fans;
- Musicians and bands had the highest average fan count, at 12,406, followed closely by actors and directors, at 11,622;
- Politicians were tops in the average number of people talking about them, at 415;
- 82 percent of pages had fewer than five wall posts per month;
- Politicians had the most average posts per month, at 67.4; and
- Admins of spas’ pages were most likely to participate in conversations, at 17 percent.