That said, here are six ways to appeal to people’s psyches to motivate purchases:
- When people feel insecure about making a decision, they turn to others;
- The most authoritative of these sources will end up with the strongest influence on a person’s decision;
- Scarcity of any resource makes it seem more valuable;
- People want to emulate those that they like;
- When faced with uncertainty, people tend to make decisions that are consistent with what they’ve done in the past; and
- People have an innate desire to repay favors from others.